This post is in response to an e-mail I’ve received. I’m trying to outline the near-term roadmap for 2021.
Ideas and Visions
On the one hand it seems to be mature and complete. On the other hand there also show up a lot of potential things to improve.
The vision for what I want to achieve is best summarized in the workflow document. It won’t be about requirements tracking solely, but also about software life-cycle.
I think there are a couple of things needed to make it feature-complete. Probably not a conclusive list, and partially already covered here: https://github.com/kown7/rmtoo/projects/1.
- Multi-Document Traceability
- More traceability inputs in general
- Currently merely pytest xunit
- Possibly markdown requirements instead of latex
- this opens up a whole list of new options
- convert documents using pandoc
This is in the same vein
The fork happend more by accident as I was toying with flit and didn’t want the install from a github repository anymore. The end-goal is to merge it back, but that might just be too big a task.